Saturday, December 17, 2011

Jedi Guardian Starting Area.

Well, my Jedi Guardian Tiarnan is finished with the starting area.

To be honest, I think that the Jedi got the short stick in development so far. I wasn't really pulled in by the story, and didn't really feel like I truly accomplished something until I managed to create my lightsaber. That, on the other hand, was awesome. I got a blue lightsaber that I raised high over my head and felt like yelling "by the power of Grayskull".

The leveling experience was pretty smooth, although I got a bit tired of the Twi'lek settlement after a while. I was a bit bothered that I had to do all quests, including group quests, to be able to reach level 10. That meant finding a group for Chamber of Speech, which is easy at the beginning of a game's life cycle. But I wouldn't want to go back to that area in say six months. With that in mind, I'd recommend you play through all starting areas first on all of your characters, so you can roam around more freely after that.

I'd also recommend that when you come to a new quest hub, find the taxi area and the little machine that you can bind yourself to. It'll really make your questing easier if you can just transport fast to the area you had quests in once you're done.

This is the machine from the Cantina.

Also, there are quests at the Jedi Temple where you have to kill Mark I-V Androids. Make sure to note that there are several places where this combat can take place, so don't queue up all at the same place and wait. They look like this:


As for the combat itself, I think it was really smooth. I'd find a group of three-four normal enemies, do a force leap and then a foorce sweep, and then just grind them down and use aoe spells when I had the opportunity. I didn't miss autoattack at all.

0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment